Thank you Global from Home for nominating French Paintings for the ‘One Lovely Blog’ award. I am honoured that you chose me as I am very new to blogging. I am afraid I have recently been preoccupied, but I would now like in turn to pass on the award to other bloggers whose posts I have found interesting.
Following the rules of accepting the award, here are 7 things you might not know about me:
1. I love animals – and so do my children. At one time we had 16 guinea pigs, 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 rabbit, 1 hamster, 2 gerbils and 1 lizard.
2. My favourite meal is baguette, butter, and cheese. Just as well we moved to France!
3. As we can’t afford a car, I spend over an hour a day walking to the boulangerie to buy the baguette – no light undertaking in temperatures well above 30 degrees.
4. My three children are all gifted dancers (two of them went on to professional training as ballet dancers). Unfortunately however all three developed chronic fatigue syndrome whilst still in their teens putting an end to their childhood dreams. I think this illness has got to have a strong genetic component.
5. I love sunshine and bright colours, and when the sky is cloudy I feel miserable. No matter what problems there are, they never seem quite as bad if the sun is shining.
6. Some of the happiest times in my life have been when I was working with people with learning disabilities. I found them to be generally very warm hearted and affectionate and I got back far more than I gave.
7. Finding seven things to say about myself has proved incredibly difficult. Much easier to write about places or painting.
And here are some others blogs I highly recommend having a look at:
reading interrupted – Sharing the joy of reading with some lovely photography
Appropriately Frayed – Thought provoking writing and highly original photography
Cancerkillingrecipe – Moving account of one person’s fight against cancer
Rowena Clarke Photography – There are some beautiful photos of France
This American Adventuress – Travels across Europe and America
art does matter – Insightful analysis of some contemporary art
Psittacismes – Comments on literature written in English and French
Travel with Kat – Descriptive account of places visited and beautiful photography
Travel Photo Media – Captures the essence of places around the world
Becoming Madame – Interesting insights by an American lady living in Paris
Cristian Mihai – Reflections on the process of writing and being an author